Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating an economy from scratch.

I've been thinking lately, what with all of the talk about the stimulus package etc.; and where it's all going and how it's even going to help. Anyway, I got to thinking -- well, where is this money coming from? The US is already trillion+ in national debt, and I don't think china is handing this shit over. I don't think the countries of the world are contributing to a "USA IS POOR GIVE THEM MONEY" fund, since their economies are affected by the recession as well. If I recall a video I once watched, that the Federal Reserve basically "creates" money from thin air and exchanges it to the US treasury for US treasury bonds or something. Then we just print that shit out, and spend it. Tons of inflation. Is that what this bailout is? Just us printing more dollars that in reality have no value whatsoever and are created from debt itself? How did this current system come into place, we are not on the gold standard -- who created this money and assigned its value?

Today, if we were to completely wipe the financial grid and start anew (maybe with the gold standard) How would gold be assigned value, and after its value was established, how would we assign all other objects value based upon the new standard? Where does this money start off -- whose pockets is this fresh money getting put into? What gives those people the right to start of with this money? I'd like to find the answer to these questions not only for a new economy, but for our current economy -- how did this shit start?

DISCUSSION PLOX.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

basically, how much of X goods can i get for Y amount of gold. rarity of gold keeps the Y side from starting at crazy prices and supply and demand keep it regulated.
    Spending a great deal of money coming from no where that we'll have to pay off someday in the future (debt falls into the young population's laps basically) is obviously the dumbest idea to try for. Fuck this stimulus. Hope it isn't/wasn't passed, I haven't watched the news in a day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    I'm not quite sure what to think on the new stimulus package. Frankly I haven't read up on it enough to make an educated decision. I just found it to be hilarious how the SECOND the Republicans are out of office, they are suddenly so against it. It wasn't that long ago when they were saying we needed to save the economy with a stimulus package for their friends (oh yeah, and they never checked the CEO's HUGE bonuses - I guess it never came up at their golf game?)

As far as the gold standard...everything in this world has perceived value. Gold is not necessarily better than all other metals (there are many other metals that are more rare than gold). The big difference is that gold is universal (whereas platinum is not exactly as well known or accessible) and gold has a ton of uses. If dollars fell through (meaning, nobody believed in their value anymore) gold would still be worth as much as it is now (or more) because it has so many uses, making it worthy of trade.

I hope this is clear...I'm in a big hurry but wanted to finish my thought first.
    Fucking stimulus in the US will affect canada and thoe AIG douchebags give themselves bonuses for turning the company to the point of bankruptcy fuck their shit. The way to get out of this recession is through massive public spending similar to world war 2 except minus the war thats how we got out of the great depression.
    However, we aren't in the 1940's. And countries, not just America, are in debt ranging from billions to trillions of dollars. Sorry but it's a little bit more complicated than massive spending.
    And even though that's true, governments like Canada's are increasing spending, lowering interest rates, and cutting taxes.
    The solution to any recession is all too simple. If you're an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTempest
    Fucking stimulus in the US will affect canada...
    The way to get out of this recession is through massive public spending...
    You're a fucking dumbass. Shut your mouth, idiot.
    Fucking stimulus in the US will affect canada...
    The way to get out of this recession is through massive public spending...
    You're a fucking dumbass. Shut your mouth, idiot.
    Firstly the US will affect Canada cuz our PM is a dumbfuck who just does what the US does and is essentially a bush clone.

Secondly massive public spending doesnt necessarily mean war, develop electric cars shit like that.
    You're missing what I was pointing out.

First you're like "goddamn stimulus" and complained how it's going to affect you. Then you indirectly praise a stimulus package by advocating for massive public spending. Perhaps you just didn't realize that the stimulus initiative is a LITTLE more complicated and includes a lot more facets than you are aware of (like rtmz said, it's a lot more complicated than just shitting out a nationalized highway system in the 40's/50's that at the time cost about as much to complete as it costs to maintain many of the major arteries in the state of California today) - in that case, you should really follow the lead of others who try to educate themselves before engaging in debate...especially with people who think you're a moron and will probably go out of their way to cast light on the stupid shit you say (which is, as you've probably realized, about 95% of this forum).

especially with people who think you're a moron and will probably go out of their way to cast light on the stupid shit you say (which is, as you've probably realized, about 95% of this forum).
    Don't let Spyder fool you though, he still likes you more than Dest or Saman.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows