Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont think time exists

Well look at it this way, how do we determine time? By our position relative to the sun and how much the earth spins in place. This is all due to gravitiy as all of you know. Time is just something we created so we could make our lives easier. Really Humans are constantly developing as well as every other organism alive. Death is the final stage of development not aging not getting old. Time is nonexistent in my opinion.

Discussion please, minimal flaming.

Also topic 2

I think it is possible to go faster then the speed of light. Say you had an infinite number of spaceships within each other. In space since there is no force pulling against you, you maintain the same momentum. So what would happen if you were constantly launching a spaceship out of teh spaceship you just launched wouldnt that eventually lead to being faster then light?

Discussion please, minimal flaming.
    The laws of physics apply to all of space, whether the witnessed action is heavily governed by an atmosphere and gravity or not. The theoretical maximum speed of any particle is that of 99.99999999% (repeating) the speed of light itself. This is purely undisputed across the entire scientific community and has been for many, many years. The progression of time into the future is no illusion, if you think it is then your definitions are inaccurate/differ from the social and scientific norm. It is heavily tied to space and thus creates the space-time continuum, the fourth dimension to our existence. A field where matter holds gravity and the stronger the gravitational force, the slower time ticks, as if the mere existence of matter bends and warps time itself. In the absence of large gravity inducing portions of matter, time ticks faster. This is also fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

/thread
    99.99999999% repeating = 1
    Ask your local highschool science teacher.

In my opinion i'd say you are a presentist, whereas you believe that anything other than the now or the present is real, which would suggest you see the future as developing 'stages' rather than the possible.
    Your question also tells us that you have no specific interest in religion, as every religion dictates a usually somewhat mythological answer to your question.
    As for your esteemed understanding of gravity. Gravitational differences affect time by dilating it, so time is only made more real by gravity. If you put a clock in an intense gravitational pull the clock will run more slowly. The man will age (yes age) slower, and light would bend meaning it is aswell is slower in the presence of gravity.

either way i think you should fucking kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rootumz
    Ask your local highschool science teacher.

In my opinion i'd say you are a presentist, whereas you believe that anything other than the now or the present is real, which would suggest you see the future as developing 'stages' rather than the possible.
    Your question also tells us that you have no specific interest in religion, as every religion dictates a usually somewhat mythological answer to your question.
    As for your esteemed understanding of gravity. Gravitational differences affect time by dilating it, so time is only made more real by gravity. If you put a clock in an intense gravitational pull the clock will run more slowly. The man will age (yes age) slower, and light would bend meaning it is aswell is slower in the presence of gravity.

either way i think you should fucking kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    seriously just GTFO. i mean it. just fucking leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    seriously just GTFO. i mean it. just fucking leave.
    No u