Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ClanWar

Gore used to be incredibly fun. You used to be able to join a server with a bunch of guys you knew and regularly played with, and it wasn't just fun to run around and shoot, but it was often socially enjoyable. There were always the shit disturbers, but everyone was fairly friendly with the other clans, not just their own.

Now it seems most of the clans are either incredibly childish or too serious about the game, and any freelance players in the game are basically idiots. In the last few years I've frequently played with a fake playername because I had no desire to talk to anyone. Too many children and faggots. There's too much hostility and bullshit in this game; it's a waste of time and effort to organize clan wars anymore because they're never fun. Clan wars used to be much more enjoyable. There really aren't any respectable clans anymore.

It also seems that many players are inherently hostile towards NWP because NWP has dominated Gore for so long. This never used to be a problem when there were a number of skilled clans (LAG, WWI, etc. etc.). Despite the expected arguments and bullshit within the community, there was always some respect towards the other clans. I can't recall anyone joining a clan's forum and suggesting a clan war like some fucking child (see OP).

I'm not sure if you're looking for some sort of false sense of accomplishment, because that's all you're going to get from warring an inactive clan. It won't be a fun war, I can pretty much guarantee it, so I don't know why you're here. If you're just trying to claim some title in Gore by beating NWP, you're shit out of luck.
    ^ this this that and fucking this.

The only time I've had any fun in recent years is when the regulars pop in for a game or two. It's still not like the gore of old, where we had a huge group of regulars who were all really fun to interact with socially...much less play against. Those nights where people would say "okay, one more map" every single map after 2 am, but yet find themselves going to bed at sunrise instead. Introducing TeamSpeak was awesome with a full server. I don't even know if there even is a TS server at this point. LOL I remember the first game WWI played with TS and nobody else played with it yet - much less for clan wars - and we just dominated to an unfair degree. Clan wars were never and probably will never be my favorite part of gaming whether in Gore or otherwise. I can only remember a handful of matches where I was pretty satisfied with spending 4 hours playing a clan match...most of the time I just don't care.

Speaking of not caring, it's incredible to go into a game these days (which is rare enough, I've played maybe 3-4 times in the last year...and not much more in years before that) and only see people playing who take this game far too seriously to the point that it's practically a life style. Mrcho is a pretty good example of this. A few months ago I went in with Didlz and was having a pretty good time. Prior to Didlz joining, Mrcho was in there so I said hello. No response. 2 hours pass and Didlz and Mrcho are jaring about something (I think Mrcho and Seek were having a bitch fest over a joke about Tuffy being an honorary member of NWP - really cbf the blatant lack of common sense and a sense of humor...it didn't seem like anything to lose your shit about). I was simply reasoning that the NWP bashing was laughable over a simple joke. Mrcho's arteries must have been roiding out or something, because he went off on me about how I think I'm the greatest player ever and I really suck and he had been pwning me all night (in actuality I was doing fine - I was averaging about 8 kills a map with a half-full server, he was on the other team and was averaging 9 or 10 ... although I never snooped and he did snoop one map if I remember correctly). It just struck me as odd that he harbors such incredible resentment of a clan and a particular member who barely ever plays and makes such wild statements that are pretty far from fact (I have never made the assertion that I am the best - after all, I'm not the one making this thread saying I'm going to pwn everyone with half my brain tied behind my back) and seemed like a pretty angry rant out of desparation. I play for fun, and it's just not fun with these types of people playing. I don't take this game nearly as seriously...half the time most of us seem to be dicking around and trying to pull out impossible moves just to see if we can get away with them. I should say, however, that I've never once had this problem with TKO...whenever you're nice to him, he's usually just as receptive and doesn't flip out about nothing in particular at the drop of a hat.

TBH, even if I intended to play in this war (if there is going to be one)...I'd probably reason just before that I have better things to do and not bother showing up. I just can't motivate myself to stay at work and fire up gore for 2-4 hours just to play a clan I'm not particularly social with and who would probably take the whole thing far too seriously. I have a lot of better things to do, to be honest.

GG friends!

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Gore is still enjoyable.
    @s7 and GR are the best examples for this.
    @s7 used to have regular wars against GR, and we will continue this after the summer.
    GR made this Vindicta Tournament - which is 3 Maps 1vs1 in TACT. If you like TACT 1vs1, then you will have fun.
    I organize Friendly Meetings. Atm it's every 3 weeks on Sunday.
    Only "friends" are invited: @s7, GR and a couple of others.
    We play with mixed teams and so far we have always been 7+ Players on each team.
    The 7th Friendly Meeting will be this Sunday ... because so far it's quite a success and a lot of fun.

I also organize spontaneous TACT 2on2's which always some extra fun aswell.

If you want to have some fun in Gore, you simply have to organize matches with people who are worth playing with. Playing on public servers isn't really so much fun anymore. You always have to wait for someone who you know or like in order to enjoy the game.

After the summer we are also going to start a 4vs4 Tournament (Medium, Chick, Heavy, Sniper) with around 6 Teams.
    After that we will have a 1vs1 Tournament.
    And of course the Friendly Meetings will continue.

The bunch of Europeans who know eachother are having fun with these kind of things.
    Too bad for you Americans, who do not have so much fun as we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I said 8v8, so common sense would tell you you'll need 8 players. That means no 6v8 or 7v8.

Anyway, after this next war with whatever fucking clan just asked us for a war, I'm never playing this game again. Kids like Mrcho, TKO, Seek, and the other faggots in that clan make this such a bad game. A few of us have moved on to real games that don't suck near as much dick, while the rest of us have become busy in real life and just don't have time for games at all.

Plus, after the first two attempts at a war, both of which were fucking awful, there is no goddamn way I'm trying it again. You guys are just not fun to play against. It's just a fucking camp fest with those foreign idiots talking shit from the comfort of their own spawn.

And dest, of course they are going to make excuses. We won the last match because the idiots left half way though because they said we were making their pings higher, even though we were lagging way more than they were. Of course the lag issue wasn't a problem until those cocksuckers experienced it.

Goddamn getting raged atm over such an awful game against such an awful team. These kids are fucking failures who didn't even play the game during its prime yet think they're the fucking best thing that ever happened to Gore.

I'm willing to bet these guys have gotten worse at gore since the last time I played, about two years ago. Which is goddamn weird seeing as how obsessively they play this shit and how constantly they blow each other and reassure themselves that their cocks are huge.

But yeah... Just to echo what shock and spyder have already said, most of the good times in gore were derived from trying to do outrageous shit in game more than really winning, but then LOLing hard when it worked. And TS, the made gore even more fun. That night we kickvoted chaos from his own server 3x in a row was one of the best nights in gore ever.

On gore, you were in clans with your closer friends, and you clan warred against the rest of your friends who populated other clans. Always funny how the same band of haters kept the same profile for so long, tuffy etc., always pissing people off but since we'd all come to expect it we'd have a good laugh and move on... or boot them out if they were being particularly gay that night. Gore is a shell of its former self in that regard, none of the players of the great old times still play like they used to, peach, tooth, sam etc... There were some especially good times when the same crowd would get in a nice tact server and play with the same players for a good 6 hours at night. Waiting for the last round of a map to call snoop alerts rofl.

God damn good times on Gore, but they are in the past and I'm happy to leave them there.

If combat arms wasn't so full of hackers it would be a fucking sweet game. I thoroughly enjoyed most of the time on CA, as the maps are well designed and the wide range of weapons and customizability of said weapons allowed for a broad set of FPS skills to develop. Shotty whoring was pretty fun, as was the LAW. Especially when you were good with either of the two, people fucking HATED it. Another great thing about the LAW was you could 100% tell the difference between a skilled person using it, a bad person using it, and a chammer using it. Clear as day. I just always got so fed up with cheaters the game became ridiculous, that whole Legit Gaming Club thing being a charade for the admins to hack and get away with it -- although interestingly enough Didlz and I already knew exactly who hacked and who didn't, and we were always right as time came to tell.
    Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 07-21-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

LOL I do have to admit, that LGC scheme is pretty goddamn funny...and a great idea in general. Obviously they did pretty well with it too. I don't condone cheating...but you have to at least find the humor in the way they went about it.

...and yes, that night Chaos got kickvoted out of his own server 3 times was by far the best night ever. Not just because of that...but because of how fucking fun everyone was on TS. It was a good Gore night all around...good games, good conversations, good times. That is the nonsense that I miss, for sure. Even though I definitely have better (and productive) things to do than sit in a game like that for so long...I'd totally be back into the whole Gore fold if such times were coming back. Gore could probably make a decent comeback with SE if there was a good amount of development going on. I've thought about doing more C++ programming...which is what I think Gore is developed in. It would be cool to do some kickass shit for the game, I just question the amount of time that would take away from other things and how much patience I would have for people like Sardonic who have all the time in the world to tell others what to do but can't seem to lift a finger himself.

Kinda rambling on now...but it would be cool if Gore was open sourced so we could possibly attract some talent. I'd love to build on to the ad system and automate clients and ads on a website to make it easier/more attractive for ad partners and individuals altogether...and then any money made from that would go to team members and general development. That would be pretty sweet...but it's definitely not something I think Joel would go for. Can't say I don't blame him. He's definitely put a ton of time, money, and talent into the game over the years...it would be difficult to release it out into the wild like that.

Totally derailed the thread atm...but oh well. I'm bored, waiting for my plane to board.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    So after reading all of that, besides the NWP GORE LIFE STORIES the only thing i could get out of this is, you guys are fucking scared.
    Just stfu and war us, or keep running your mouths like the little drama queen faggots you are.
    IF NWP IS SO GODDAMN PRO, AND SUCH A DOMINATE GORE CLAN, THEN WAR US

DONT TELL ME HOW MANY FLOWERS YOU PICKED FOR YOUR FUCKING GRANDMA, I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS.

AND WTF IS THE EXCUSE " YOU GUYS PLAY TOO MUCH" even if we did play 12 hours a day, what the fuck difference does it make. GO ahead, keep fucking harping, i dont give a shit. If this is the best excuses you guys can come up with then so BE IT, I WILL CONTINUE TO LAUGH.

This thread was about a clan war, NOT YOUR EGOTISTICAL HOMOSEXUAL GORE LIVES. Anyway, your fucking loss. There is no way to approach any of you faggots in a serious manner for 2 seconds. So long, mother fuckers
    Grow up. I don't think anyone here wants to war with children.
    we already beat you, also we wont re-war kids. we all have jobs and lives. we use this place to bash on the uneducated and the mentally retarded when they pop in an- WELL WHAT A COINCIDENCE, SEEK AND MRCHO ARE HERE. STAY A WHILE, ENJOY THE PUNCH, ILL SEE IF I CAN HOOK YOU UP WITH SAMAN. (he'd probably shoot you down faster then cop shooting a black man for helping a lady, and misunderstanding it for a robbery)

Line is we dont care about your insults, the only thing you've said to us is that we're scared and gay, which is not really true,

I'm scared of

some spiders
    heights
    those fruits with spikes on them (but they are delicous arent they)
    black people
    hoodlums
    walmart cashiers

As for my life story.

When i was 12 when i bought this game ETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCET CETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCE TCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETC ETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCET CETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCE TCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETC ETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCET CETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCE TCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETC ETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCET CETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCETCE TCETCETCETCETC

Now i'm 19.
    oh shit, nine's legal now. had no idea pal.
    Because Gore is such serious business, amirite seek?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)