Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Western Digital TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTaAF...eature=related

Dong Ngos, do you?

Just bought this thing and I only have a few complaints so far, starting with the fact that apparently on some of my MKV files is simply isn't outputting audio. It takes a long time to go through a big external HD (1TB) but I suppose thats to be expected considering how compact the device is. It does play video very smoothly, rendered a 1080p version of 300 off of my external without chopping at all (possibly saving memory because of the lack of audio output ).

Dunno, I like it so far but I need to find a way to get my MKV audio playing back. Does anybody else have this wondrous device?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    proshit:

im getting rid of that Iomega NAS on the bottom shelf and replacing with a nice little QNAP NAS with a 1TB hd. should be a ton quieter and much more energy efficient(14.4w max).
    Last edited by DarkSpoon; 08-10-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    proshit:

im getting rid of that Iomega NAS on the bottom shelf and replacing with a nice little QNAP NAS with a 1TB hd. should be a ton quieter and much more energy efficient(14.4w max).
    You got brighthouse? Also, sweet wireless keyboard/pad $
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Its the logitec ps3 Bluetooth keyboard. It's pretty awesome. Has a touchpad on it too.
    Did you post an image before or something, DS? Duno where the keyboard comment came from atm.

I've always been meaning to build a DVR system...

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    yeah, dunno wtf happened. if its still on my phone ill reup the pic. not sure how it got removed.

i didnt build a dvr, its a media center pc that streams shit from a centralized NAS. i just use that shithouse one from timewarner for like $10 a month or some shit. it does ok. i mostly just download the shows i want to watch over again. much better than a dvr imo, always commercial free.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    yeah, dunno wtf happened. if its still on my phone ill reup the pic. not sure how it got removed.

i didnt build a dvr, its a media center pc that streams shit from a centralized NAS. i just use that shithouse one from timewarner for like $10 a month or some shit. it does ok. i mostly just download the shows i want to watch over again. much better than a dvr imo, always commercial free.
    centralized NAS? What is this?

Getting a PC hooked up to my tv is something I've been wanting to do for a while, just gotta get the right videocard for it I think.
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

NAS = Network Access Storage.

Basically a data warehouse in which to store shit in...in this case, that would be media. They're deployed independently so everyone on the network (with permission) can access them. It's similar to setting up a share on your own computer...except a NAS has it's own IP, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    centralized NAS? What is this?

Getting a PC hooked up to my tv is something I've been wanting to do for a while, just gotta get the right videocard for it I think.
    or the right TV. i think all the LCD's have a VGA port. mine does. LCD tv's are just big computer monitors anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    NAS = Network Attached Storage.

Basically a data warehouse in which to store shit in...in this case, that would be media. They're deployed independently so everyone on the network (with permission) can access them. It's similar to setting up a share on your own computer...except a NAS has it's own IP, etc.
    fixed, but the rest is correct.
    ROFL, mixed up Network Attached Storage and Network Access Server. Goddamn classic atm.