Thread: Digsby Joins the Dark Side, Uses Your PC to Make Money

http://lifehacker.com/5336382/digsby...-to-make-money

It Gets Even Worse: Your PC is Being Used Without Your Knowledge

You can debate the merits of bundled crapware, and brush away the despicable nature of preying on those lacking adequate tech skills, but did you realize that Digsby is also using your processor to make money?

That's right. Buried in the Terms of Service that almost nobody ever bothers reading, there's this exploiting-the-fine-print gem explaining that they will use your CPU to run distributed computing problems that make them money:
    posted this on FB earlier. i recommended this messenger a few times here. pretty pissed at this move. im using Pidgin now.

http://pidgin.im
    Unfortunately, Pidgin doesn't support FB chat, which is a feature I really, really loved about Digsby, on top of the skins available for it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.
    owned

Quote Originally Posted by Boombostik View Post
    Unfortunately, Pidgin doesn't support FB chat, which is a feature I really, really loved about Digsby, on top of the skins available for it.
    fellow, I thought you strictly used Meebo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator View Post
    fellow, I thought you strictly used Meebo.
    Started to cbf going into a different tab to IM.

Plus Digsby had UBER skins/themes available. I shall miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.