Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Accent?

Alright, WE KNOW IT HAD TO BE DONE SOON FRIENDLIES.

Only some of us have been on teamspeak with each other, and that was some time ago.

Also you are surrounded by everyone who has similar accent to you.

SO, what i want in this thread, is what kind of accent you have (obviously).

What makes it differ from others?

And examples how it sounds (youtube, soundwave, etc)

and if saying, if you would of chose a different accent, would you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me i have a "Washington" accent. Which people categorize into "West coast, or Californian" which is somewhat incorrect. If you listen to our accents, its very "Straight" and plain. We are considered the basis of language of "English." Typically news announcers are from north west area, and do a great job. We enunciate all our words and can say merry and marry differently. There are a couple of Washington comedians which i find funny because their delivery of jokes is based on their voice, which is usually easy to pull off with a Washington accent.

ALSO WE SAY POP.
    Very similar to yours, William.
    I have a small speach impediment , and a slight middle easter accent.
    and sometimes I have trouble pronouncing words like "world" and "girl"(i dont get to use this one much anway )
    Mines american, cuz i'm in AMERICA.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

In wisconsin We have a thing with certain words containing an "A" we prolong our A

example

1. bag- you may say it like you would say "bat" but just replace the T with a G. We say beg. - like you would beg for your life

2. magnum- you might again say it like above just replaceing letters, but we say it like "maygnum"

3. faggot - we say it like a person would say hey to a person example would look/sound like feygit.

I'm from sourthing WI, we don't have that much of an accent, northern WI is another story. it's even hard for me to describe. Just go on youtube for northern accents.

We also call bratwurst "brats" but not as in the term used for kids. it's still pronounced the same way, just shorter.

btw, you assholes stop saying "drinking fountain" or what ever you call that bs you drink from. we invented the fucking thing and we named it the bubbler.
    Last edited by son of gump; 09-11-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Watch Anime Online

Greyson -- says:
    i don't know everyone does shit they're not suppose to
    Greyson -- says:
    i want to know one person who lived a perfect life
    michael says:
    jesus
    LOLOLOL FUCKING CHRIST SEMEN, GODDAMN MADE ME CHUCKLE SO MUCH :>

+ 9, even though I was born in Nebraska I've never ever had an accent. In fact, most people in Nebraska do not have southern-ish accents. SOME near the Iowa and South Dakota accent have a Dakota-Minnesota accent...which is pretty funny.

I sound like a sexy husky lady and do indeed pronounce "merry" and "marry" differently as well. I say soda, although when I lived in Nebraska I said pop. I carry some California slangs in my repatriere such as a constant use of the word "hella". I also cuss a goddamn shit ton and I'm not particularly ashamed to do so.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    well im from romania... but i dont have an accent i lost it learning english through ESL classes and growing up since i was so young. ive always been told i had a northern accent when i moved down here to tx...

for some reason the pronounciation of boston(also upnorth) lead to everyone thinkin i talked like that too (BAWSTON) but idk where that even came from. i dont talk like that

ummmm i say yall since ive moved to tx but thats just a southern slang word not so much an accent, i dont really have much of any accent, wish i still had my romanian accent tbh

lol semen that made me chuckle hard aswell

i have a vorarlberger dialect. it's a dialect, not an accent I speak.
    I do also speak german like every other austrian (except for the foreigners)
    i mean .. im no racist .. i have color tv

anyways .. when I speak german, I speak it very pure ... without accent
    I speak better accent-less german than actual germans

on the other hand they don't understand our/my dialect that well

we still say "heil" .. we greet and say goodbye with "heil"
    Heil! ... just like in the hitler times

Last time was pretty fun when the grandfather of my cousin left the birthday party, stretched this hand out and said heil
    he's no nazi or something .. it was mroe like a funny accident and no1 noticed since it's so common

High German: Ich bin wieder hier.
    My dialect: I bia wiada do.
    Engish: I am here again.

texas accent maybe? i dunno, i dont think i have one.

spyder stop saying "hella".
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    LOLOLOL FUCKING CHRIST SEMEN, GODDAMN MADE ME CHUCKLE SO MUCH :>

+ 9, even though I was born in Nebraska I've never ever had an accent. In fact, most people in Nebraska do not have southern-ish accents. SOME near the Iowa and South Dakota accent have a Dakota-Minnesota accent...which is pretty funny.

I sound like a sexy husky lady and do indeed pronounce "merry" and "marry" differently as well. I say soda, although when I lived in Nebraska I said pop. I carry some California slangs in my repatriere such as a constant use of the word "hella". I also cuss a goddamn shit ton and I'm not particularly ashamed to do so.
    I bet you only cuss so you can look cool ,

also, where teh fuck are the emocons, i only have like 14 too choose from :l