Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MW2 Won't support mods or dedicated servers

WHY

I'm almost positive that the mods you buy off the internet will still work. ProModz, Evil Controllers, etc.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I'm almost positive that the mods you buy off the internet will still work. ProModz, Evil Controllers, etc.
    Those mods can't be developed because they haven't released the modtools to the public :[

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    I just like reading about how many people are pissed about this, its like pro gamers who rake loads of cash in and get pussy all day can't get a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by N9ne View Post
    I just like reading about how many people are pissed about this, its like pro gamers who rake loads of cash in and get pussy all day can't get a break.
    been talking to China on MSN again eh.
    LOL $$$

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by N9ne View Post
    Gaming is a serious hobby for a lot of people, I can see why they're pissed about it. It is kind of retarded.

Especially when effects are more harmful than the benefits (if there are any) and it seems their only reason in doing so is to put people on two separate gaming platforms on an even playing field.
    Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 10-26-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Gaming is a serious hobby for a lot of people, I can see why they're pissed about it. It is kind of retarded.

Especially when effects are more harmful than the benefits (if there are any) and it seems their only reason in doing so is to put people on two separate gaming platforms on an even playing field.
    IMO the real reason is to prevent piracy of their game. If they can control the servers then they can control who connects to them. There are more private cracked cod4 servers where anyone who downloads the game and cracks it can play on them than actual legitimate servers.

With that said I still think there was a better way to do this and I'm just as upset about it if not moreso than everybody else.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlez View Post
    IMO the real reason is to prevent piracy of their game. If they can control the servers then they can control who connects to them. There are more private cracked cod4 servers where anyone who downloads the game and cracks it can play on them than actual legitimate servers.

With that said I still think there was a better way to do this and I'm just as upset about it if not moreso than everybody else.
    I can see that. Just another experiment into DRM (even though all previous attempts have failed or had TONS of negative feedback/criticism.)

The definition of insanity... doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by chinar View Post
    Those mods can't be developed because they haven't released the modtools to the public :[
    Yep that's why the controllers cost over a hundred bucks ... I made a mod months ago with my controller using a soldering iron and 24 gauge wire.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay