Thread: Big ass flat panel monitors that are still good for gaming

Does anyone make these yet that are worth a damn?

Not looking for some faggy 1920x1080 dogshit.

I'm hoping somebody makes something decent that is in the 2000+ wide pixel range but is still good in refresh rates for videogames to be perfectly smooth with no ghosting bs.

Samsung makes a monitor I looked at recently that was 2560x1600. However it was 6ms response time and I've had people suggest to me that you need 2ms or 4ms at the most to not have any adverse effects while running fast motion video or video games.

I wasn't able to find any decent reviews of monitors that addressed that kind of issue. I haven't considered getting a new monitor for some time, so maybe it's a non-issue now as far as games and ghosting goes and thats why nobody gives a damn anymore.

When you get into the 2560x1600 range, you won't find shit with a better response time than 6ms.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

I've seen 2 to 5ms before in that resolution, so they ARE out there. Probably not for Lead's cheap ass though.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I've seen 2 to 5ms before in that resolution, so they ARE out there. Probably not for Lead's cheap ass though.
    I've never seen anything of the sort anywhere, and even a monitor with that resolution with a 6ms response rate would cost $2000+. HP makes one with a 12ms response rate for around $1200.

Your best bet is buying a monitor with a lower resolution, unless you have $2000 to shit away.

If you want at least 2000 wide pixels and a 5ms response time or less, this right here is the best deal you'll probably find:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001317

And as far as gaming, just staying in the single digit response times is more than good enough.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlez View Post
    I've never seen anything of the sort anywhere, and even a monitor with that resolution with a 6ms response rate would cost $2000+. HP makes one with a 12ms response rate for around $1200.
    You're right, I was mistaken (misread).

PS:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009165

buy two of them and be a stud.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    mines 15''. If that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by rootumz View Post
    mines 15''. If that helps
    LOL what.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

12ms and 6ms are all fine for gaming. i think my monitor at work is 12ms and i game on it when my boss is out. i dont see any ghosting or any other dodgery.
    Only problem is its Acer. Never heard anyone tell me anything good about them and the one monitor by them Ive seen owned by a friend seemed like cheap bs.

Id probably have to go to a Frys and see it in action before I'd consider buying.

Im asking cause I still have my goddamn 64lbs, 1600x1200 triniton CRT and I'm goddamn tired of this heavy giant monstrosity on my desk.

I got some old heavy CRT for my (Gore-)PC aswell ... wonder when my desk will crack through