Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pretty sure the whole reason for this was to compete with amazon's kindle and bookstore. You cant multitask on the iPad or really do much of anything other than read shit. CBF the kindle even but when you compare the price of each I see no reason to get this fucking iPad. Plus its huge, heavy, and looks dumb as shit.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

They should release an upgraded version of the iPad and call it the Max iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    They should release an upgraded version of the iPad and call it the Max iPad.
    http://jezebel.com/5458338/that-time...ted-ipad-jokes
    what's wrong with the kindle didlez? i love mines.
    lolol I'm glad to see everyone has noticed how dumb Apple is for calling it the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddlez View Post
    Pretty sure the whole reason for this was to compete with amazon's kindle and bookstore. You cant multitask on the iPad or really do much of anything other than read shit. CBF the kindle even but when you compare the price of each I see no reason to get this fucking iPad. Plus its huge, heavy, and looks dumb as shit.
    Duno, I generally disagree with that. It IS a great deal more useful than the kindle, if anything, because of the app store. You can watch movies on it (granted you have to go through iTunes for them), play games (again, not a lot of iPad-optimized games - but some work fine whether you play on the iPhone or the iPad), and read books in color. My thinking is I already have an iPhone, so why would I need this thing anyway. I don't read books on devices and I don't really care about tablet style netbooks regardless of how cool they are.

I DO see why they put the iPhone OS on it and where they are going with it. Without getting into the technical stuff (there are plenty of articles on this by now, like this pretty interesting blog about it) there are a LOT more iPhone users than there are OS X users. The learning curve for an iPhone user getting an iPad is pretty much nothing...so from a sales standpoint, that's pretty good (even with some people like me saying "uh, I have an iPhone, so I don't need that...").

It would be cool to see Amazon get on the ball and make a better Kindle. It's sort of pathetic the way it is now, I think. They can go just as far as Apple can due to their MP3 store, movie rental/purchasing store, etc.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    how is the kindle pathetic? it performs it's main function perfectly. plus, im already tired of ipad and kindle comparisons. kindle=ebook reader. ipad = gimped tablet computer. reading books on the ipad will suck just like reading books on any computer screen sucks. eye strain gets pretty rough after a while. there isnt any eye strain with eink.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    how is the kindle pathetic? it performs it's main function perfectly. plus, im already tired of ipad and kindle comparisons. kindle=ebook reader. ipad = gimped tablet computer.
    Yeah, if that is it's only function, $490 is a lot of money (for the same amount of display room as the iPad) to be putting down for it.

I'd probably be into an e-reader like that if it were like $100 instead.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Duno I'd rather spend $500 on a kindle than $1000 on apple's model known as the iPad

NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows