Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Yeah, if that is it's only function, $490 is a lot of money (for the same amount of display room as the iPad) to be putting down for it.

I'd probably be into an e-reader like that if it were like $100 instead.
well you can't expect new technology to be cheap. you must be high to ever think your going to get anything with a 10" display for $100. they know most people are willing to pay more so they charge more. the price will drop with time obviously but i doubt you will ever get the DX for $100. the ipad will in no way negatively effect ereaders sales. the books are on average $5 more each, thats 50% more friend. itunes store wont have the selection of B&N or Amazon. Amazon is paying 70% of sales to the publishers. even if apple matches that i dont see many publishers jumping ship to go to a smaller market. these are the reasons the ipad is not going to be successful as an ereader. shit screen, shit selection of books, and it's overpriced. it's going to fail as a tablet computer because you cant multitask and it's capacitive touch. trust me it sounds good to use your finger as a replacement for the mouse but it fucking blows in all reality. this things fail is like an onion, it has several layers.