Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apple iPad

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    not going to quote all your stuff spyders but you did have some good points. i dont think cloud computing is really the future which is where i think you were headed in your ramblings. it has it's place but it will never take hold in corporate or government environments. privacy is too big of a concern. i dont care how much security there is on the system, you can never get past the fact that your data is not under your control.
    Good point and I agree...especially as solid state drives get bigger with a smaller form factor...and cheaper. The company that employs me, for instance, has contracts in place with customers that only certain people have access to the data and it must stay contained in the data center (and a bunch of bs like that). So you're pretty much right. A great deal of businesses with privacy concerns will not go "into the cloud"

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    waiting for me at work yesterday:

i can confirm this is just a really expensive toy.
    I used one in some store ... nice to browse and all ... might be a good tool to learn for exams .. cuz u can chill somewhere and read all the stuff on the iPad without taking tons of paper with you ....
    Else it's rather usls

yeah, but at that point id rather just have my laptop. this thing weighs almost as much as my laptop does tbh. this thing is a brick. it handles pictures nicely and makes a nice digital picture frame but im struggling to find a way i'd use this daily. i'm supposed to be testing this to see if it has place in our company. at this point id say no.
    say YES and send me the one that is supposed to be for u. thanx

Duno if it has a place in ANY workplace quite yet. In the future, maybe...so long as you have a dedicated computer available for real work when such needs to be done.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Well they wouldn't be computer replacements they would be a mobile computer for our sales staff.