Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti-virus

what do you Fellows use for anti-virus and such? I've tried AVG but I cbf it, then went to avast but cbf that shit too (and it really slowed down my computer a noticeable amount), then went to kaspersky but it ruined my registry and fucked up my computer to the point I had to just format it, then went to panda but I cbf with the constant nagging to upgrade LITTERALLY EVERY FEW MINUTES FUCK.

ANYWAY, now I'm using Avira and it appears to be a pretty straightforward operation atm. Probably the fastest scans I've ever come across and the only issue was the pop up when you restart your computer, which I disallowed in secpol.msc. I'd like to try that MSE shit from microsoft but I've got a hacked up mess of XP installed atm and I'm pretty sure I'd fail the genuine advantage bs.

I also use comodo firewall which fucking owns as well as keep malware bytes installed for when I need it, because when you get some really shitty malware it will usually not even let you download or install malware removal type of shit.

K SO POST WHAT YOU GOT ATM
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Good that I have a Mac.

I use avast! on my PC and never have any problems. Probably because I only use it for gaming and don't even touch a browser on it.

Anyways what I recommend for Windows user:

C: Windows + Basic Programms and Drivers (Don't put personal stuff here)
    D: Games, Data, etc

Get Acronis True Image or similar, format and reinstall Windows "with" Acronis True Image. Then install all the basic programs like: All Drivers, AntiVirus (I used avast! and it was just fine) iTunes, VLC, MSN, Firefox, etc ...
    Then after everything is installed make an image of your C drive using Acronis True Image. Burn it on a DVD or put it on a virus free external hdd.

Now you have a backup. Everytime you fuck something up you simply format your C drive using Acronis True Image to restore it to the dumb&virus-free state. All your data you need will still be on the D drive.

Heil Time Machine for MAC!

i dont use any antivirus, i use my brain.
    always a good idea to use an anti-virus or software firewall in addition to your brain imo
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

haven't used antivirus or a usls software firewall in over 4 years friend. haven't had a virus in as long either.
    and you also probably dont have other wrls idiots using your computer who have no business operating one
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

You don't need to do anything to have your computer infected. Over that 4years you've probably been a part of many botnets without even knowing.

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    i think i'd know it. for one thing, the firewall at work would be throwing red flags if i was blowing traffic out of my machine like crazy.
    same.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    good discussion friends
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows