View Poll Results: Which was the best animated sitcom of all time?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Futurama

0 0%
  • King of the Hill

0 0%
  • South Park

2 25.00%
  • The Simpsons

1 12.50%
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force

1 12.50%
  • Family Guy

0 0%
  • The PJ's

0 0%
  • Archer

1 12.50%
  • Beavis and Butthead

2 25.00%
  • Spongebob

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Animated Comedy of all Time

Ok so what you will notice here is I neglected to include American Dad and The Cleveland Show on the list. My reasoning behind this is both shows are so uninspired, unoriginal, and unfunny, I couldn't bring myself to include them. I could only include 10 options on the poll and it's unlikely any fan of Seth MacFarlane is going to vote for either of those over Family Guy (which is also unfunny as of late).
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

I voted for The Simpsons. Most of you will chime in with bullshit about how the show is not as good anymore, which is definitely true, but no other show on that poll will last as long as The Simpsons has nor will it even be remotely on par with its comedic level. Compare Family Guy's current eighth season with The Simpson's fucking classic 1997 season and you've got a clear winner. Matt Groening was also actually capable of producing a second great show in addition (Futurama), unlike Seth MacFarlane imo (American Dad and The Cleveland Show were never funny).

Actually I don't give a shit what any of you think but since nobody posts on these forums anymore I figured it's time to post something.

BTW, KOTH was also great.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

i went southpark just because it's fucking great and it's picking up where the simpsons left off with whats acceptable on television. i remember my mom not wanting me to watch the simpsons and looking back she laughs at how harmless it was compared to whats on TV today. it's really hard to pick a best out of that group. koth is also great just because it's so true to life down here. you can find each one of those characters in everyday life.
    I don't watch animated sitcoms a lot ... just recently started and finished Futurama (up to the latest episode) after seeing random episodes on TV ...
    I was never really a great Simpsons fan ... only watch them from time to time when I randomly stumble upon them on TV which I don't have here in Edinburgh atm .. still I like The Simpsons

I voted for Beavis & Butthead ... does it still run on TV? Are there still coming new episodes out?

Anyways ... I actually prefer stuff like Naruto or Bleach (which I have started and finished like a month ago) ... yea I know that you think it's gay and all
    And I do understand you, because I'm not a big fan of that stupid childish japanese stuff either ... for me it's all about the fights in it .. and those are really great

I actually CBF with Beavis and Butthead. I never found that shit funny at all. Family Guy and ATHF were both hilarious early on, and both have clearly gotten shitty lately. Of everything on the list I feel like KOTH was the only show that didnt get tired and run out of ideas so early on. That show was great up until it's last episode. Well Futurama was great too throughout its entirety but it only lasted 5 years. It's tough to say if it would have stayed funny and origional throughout the series. South Park is funny and does a good job of staying current and making fun of recent events but imo those are usually the key episodes to watch. There are so many filler episodes that I just don't give a shit about.

And season 1 of Archer was pretty fucking hilarious :>
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

If we'd vote for the worst animated stuff, we surely are that it is the fillers that ruin the series

I can't really choose tbh. Family Guy definitely is the one that consistently makes me laugh the most, but it wouldn't consider it my favorite. I absolutely enjoyed Archer as well, I love fast paced humor like that and the voice actor for Archer is god damn perfect. KotH will always be my go to sitcom when I really don't have anything else to watch, I love picking out Hank quotes, he has some of the best out of any character ever. The Simpsons has been a part of my life since I was fucking born, there's videos of me at about age 3 sitting in the living room just watching it; it may be going down hill, but it will never be outlived by any other animated sitcom. Beavis and Butthead has it's good moments, reminds me of childhood etc and has it's good laughs. ATHF is the only good random based comedy out there, none of the other piles of garbage on Adult Swim come close to it. The PJ's was real good, although claymation has always kind of frightened me O.o. South Park definitely wins at being the most open to the boundaries to what can be shown on television, no one can ever get away with what they can. There's no one I know that doesn't enjoy Futurama, it has great humor and you like every character and has the best atmosphere out of all the shows on this list. Spongebob has it's moments, but it's definitely not up there with these other comedies.

So instead of picking one, I'll just leave you with this pile of text. Kthxbai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Dunno I'm pretty sure nobody gives a shit about Spongebob but I didn't know what else to include. There is some other shit on Adult Swim but I don't much care for any of it. There was some bs called Mission Hill I watched and it was funny but not near good enough to put on the poll. There's also the Oblongs which was fucking stupid and Sit Down and Shutup which was also pretty retarded. Some people liked Drawn Together but I cbf that bs. I guess I could have put American Dad but there's nobody in their right mind who would enjoy that bs more than Family Guy so why bother.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Lately, American Dad has had some pretty decent episodes. Still nothing compared to Family Guy, but I guess it's meeting quota if it can make me laugh at least twice in an episode. Cleveland Show just needs to stop, it has no chance of ever being good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Cleveland was funny enough on Family Guy when he only had 10 seconds of dialogue in an episode but really cbf the idea of giving him an entire show.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows