Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah The Great

" Noah died 350 years after the Flood, at the age of 950,[5] the last of the immensely long-lived antediluvian Patriarchs. The maximum human lifespan, as depicted by the Bible, diminishes rapidly thereafter, from as much as 900 years to the 120 years of Moses. "

What an amazing man to live about 8 times longer than any other recorded human being. A man who was 400 at the time was able to build a ship out of wood, using just his hands, that was large enough to hold two of every animal on the fucking planet. Obviously a ship of this size would have been the largest ship ever built, and he had done it by himself using only his hands. As far as gathering up these animals, well he put his mind to it (literally) and all of a goddamn sudden animals just started showing up and got on his built from scratch wooden Titanic. Shortly after, I believe like 12 seconds after the last animal got on the ship (clutch play Noah), it started raining for 40 days or 400 days or 4000 years or something fucking stupid and impossible and killed every other being on the planet. After this retarded length of time passed and the flood water magically disappeared (maybe it evaporated and its still in the sky?), Noah got off his ship with his four prostitutes, had a celebratory orgy, and became an internet sensation.

Also, fuck you and fuck your religion because it's riddled with bullshit.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

me and didlez got this sorted out before lunch today.
    Yeah, cbf. My brother married into Christianity (a more fundamentalist type - they speak in tongues and shit, it's fucking bizarre) and is now suckling alongside all those crazies on the Jesus Juice teet. He emailed my mom saying he wants her and I to go to church with him sometime and see what it's like...and some nonsense about it "all being about God" and that he'd pray for us. It was fucking crazy. I'm pretty close to writing him out of my life with that shit. Twin or not, fuck that garbage. I hate the condescending nature of someone, who has NO FUCKING CLUE about religions (and has never actually read the Bible himself), telling me that they'll pray for me. Save it for someone who fucking cares.

Fucking crazy thing is...when he met his wife, they were shunned from the church because he wasn't already a part of it. They used to have arranged marriages 20 years ago, and most members marry each other still. They said how he was Satan trying to turn her against the light of Jesus or some bullshit, and that he was some old dude trying to get laid (LOL). She was pretty disillusioned with the church and seemed a lot more open minded thereafter. Then they start going so she could see her family (she wasn't allowed to so long as she wasn't a part of the church - very loving and accepting views, right?) and now my brother is all up in it like Cody's dick in a Thai hooker. So now suddenly since my mother and I don't go to their church, my brother and his wife rarely see us and are getting more and more annoying about wanting us to go. It's almost like they're starting to shut US out because we don't go. I just find it ironic and ridiculous that we were the only ones that accepted their relationship in the beginning...and now we're outcast. BUT HEY MAN, IT'S ALL ABOUT "HIM"! JESUS IS GOD OR SOME SHIT RITE?

Anyways. For such deeply religious people, they sure are selfish pricks. On Mother's Day they just dropped a card in our mailbox saying "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, SORRY WE CAN'T BE THERE" - meanwhile they live a block away. Turns out they were taking a vacation out of town. You know, because that's what everyone does on Mother's Day. On top of it, they borrowed money from my mom and haven't paid it back (also my mom co-signed a loan for my brother) ... yet they have plenty of money to take a vacation.

BBL GONA PRAY 4 THEM.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    me and didlez got this sorted out before lunch today.
    yeah just another productive work day

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Yeah, cbf. My brother married into Christianity (a more fundamentalist type - they speak in tongues and shit, it's fucking bizarre) and is now suckling alongside all those crazies on the Jesus Juice teet. He emailed my mom saying he wants her and I to go to church with him sometime and see what it's like...and some nonsense about it "all being about God" and that he'd pray for us. It was fucking crazy. I'm pretty close to writing him out of my life with that shit. Twin or not, fuck that garbage. I hate the condescending nature of someone, who has NO FUCKING CLUE about religions (and has never actually read the Bible himself), telling me that they'll pray for me. Save it for someone who fucking cares.

Fucking crazy thing is...when he met his wife, they were shunned from the church because he wasn't already a part of it. They used to have arranged marriages 20 years ago, and most members marry each other still. They said how he was Satan trying to turn her against the light of Jesus or some bullshit, and that he was some old dude trying to get laid (LOL). She was pretty disillusioned with the church and seemed a lot more open minded thereafter. Then they start going so she could see her family (she wasn't allowed to so long as she wasn't a part of the church - very loving and accepting views, right?) and now my brother is all up in it like Cody's dick in a Thai hooker. So now suddenly since my mother and I don't go to their church, my brother and his wife rarely see us and are getting more and more annoying about wanting us to go. It's almost like they're starting to shut US out because we don't go. I just find it ironic and ridiculous that we were the only ones that accepted their relationship in the beginning...and now we're outcast. BUT HEY MAN, IT'S ALL ABOUT "HIM"! JESUS IS GOD OR SOME SHIT RITE?

Anyways. For such deeply religious people, they sure are selfish pricks. On Mother's Day they just dropped a card in our mailbox saying "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, SORRY WE CAN'T BE THERE" - meanwhile they live a block away. Turns out they were taking a vacation out of town. You know, because that's what everyone does on Mother's Day. On top of it, they borrowed money from my mom and haven't paid it back (also my mom co-signed a loan for my brother) ... yet they have plenty of money to take a vacation.

BBL GONA PRAY 4 THEM.
    Dunno seems of a fairly typical religious couple atm. There are plenty of scumbags in my own family who this reminds me of (especially with the borrowing of money and not paying it back, and then going on a goddamn vacation). They are also goddamn religious nuts so it all makes sense atm.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Wait, you have a twin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    It's kind of baffling how so many religious people don't realize how geographical their beliefs are. If you asked a Christian man or woman if they were born and raised in a dominantly Muslim country, surrounded by absolutely no Christians, would they still be faithful to the Christian religion? They would probably say yes, because they're naive as fuck, but they'd be wrong.

Goddamn annoying. It sometimes seems like belonging to a religion is a matter of convenience. When you buy a car, you do some research and look around before you make a decision. When you choose a religion, why would you just conform to what everyone else around you is doing? Why is it that people can follow a logical process in weighing their options in buying a fucking car, but they can't seem to use their own goddamn brains long enough to look into what religion best suits them, if any? It just loops back to geography; you're sucked into it based on where you live. Too bad so many people are too dumb to realize it.

I know this isn't always the case, but it almost always is.

Anyways, your story is kind of frustrating, Spyder. I'm sorry to hear your brother seems to have derived some pretentiousness from his Church, and that it's disintegrating your family. If someone's religion encourages that kind of behaviour, it's bullshit.
    Top thread. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator View Post
    Wait, you have a twin?
    this was the only surprising thing in this whole thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    this was the only surprising thing in this whole thread.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    It sometimes seems like belonging to a religion is a matter of convenience. When you buy a car, you do some research and look around before you make a decision. When you choose a religion, why would you just conform to what everyone else around you is doing?
    Great point. I was thinking about this today, myself. Just seems as though it's really about wanting to feel included. It's the same pattern a lot of other organized groups have, whether it be the Nazi party or AA meetings. Even when people question why they go to the meetings/gatherings or why they believe in the doctrine they're subscribed to, it's like they put it out of their minds and continue anyways because it feels good to be included and a part of something bigger than themselves. Christians just seem more annoying about it because they're always trying to convert people. It doesn't REALLY boil down to wanting to help people or "save them", it's about getting a reputation point from their peers. "Look at me, I got these people to come and contribute to the group." My brother doesn't know shit about religion. My mother and I have always been pretty well read on the subject, at least enough to know better. We'd talk about it and my brother was never interested because it's too difficult of a concept for him (he's the kinda guy that would rather build something or mow a lawn than have an intellectual conversation). Now it's "all about Him" or whatever he says. Goddamn, it'd just be pathetic if it wasn't so bizarre. The thing is, I am not Atheist. I believe in God, but generally have differing beliefs than the standard "Jesus is God" and all the BS in between. I HAVE looked up various churches whose beliefs are more in line than anything around here. You're totally right, it's all about geography with these people. They're just lazy. They never question anything and conform their beliefs to the chapter they subscribe to. They never even really read the bible objectively. Ugh.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction