Thread: JVC vs Clarion

Hey guys, i have a quick question and i'd like a little help if you could, i have a clarion dxz545mp

which was my dads and he got it YEARS ago, i'm not exactly sure how old it is but i've had it forever. My stock deck in my car is a little stiff and slow and so i was just going to put this into my car. BUT

My friend has one of these
    JVC KD-R310

which was awesome, it has a shit ton of color choices, like 30 different options (obviously cosmetic and no so much quality on my part) but it sounded great as well. So the conclusion was this

I could get a install kit for my car 22dollars, +75 dollars labor cause i don't know shit about wiring. and end up paying around 100 bucks with the deck i have. OR, buy this new deck which is more recent and pay around 170+ for this. I was thinking about doing it in october for my birthday, so my first choice would to be just getting the deck + the labor for my gift, or buying the new deck and having my parents pay the labor.

Thoughts on the two models and which one might be the better choice?
    Let me know what car you're putting it in and ill get you a harness for $2 instead of 22. The wiring is actually really easy too if you dont want to spend that $75. As far as these two head units the main thing I'm seeing from the picture is a lack of remote (which is completely useless) and lack of an AUX input on the Clarion. If you want to use an ipod or mp3 player you'll want to get that JVC. As far as your RMS/peak outputs they will be the same, so your decisions should be based primarily on cosmetics/features.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Its going into a 1999 Cadillac catera v6sport Generally the v6sport makes a difference when imputing models The clarion does have a remote, and the aux is in the back (which is retarded anyways)
    yeah i know theres one in the back but that doesnt really help you if you want to use an mp3 player of sorts.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows