Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a pal out...

Okay I got a government project i gotta do on a civil rights or civil liberties topic, the teacher is pretty much saying anything goes, so I picked a rather controversial topic, which is same sex marriage... My position on it is that im very against it.

If anyone else here is against it would you mind stating some legitimate reasons as to why youre against??

my presentation is going to include the following

· Brief history
    · Relevant court cases (if applicable)
    · Your position
    · The opposing position
    · The current position of the US government
    · Current position of other governments (if applicable)
    · Why this issue is important

so if anyone can atleast put in their input and their reasoning thatd be awesome
    if you can add anything else in even better..... thanks

because then the gay would spread and infect everyone.
    thanks

Dunno pal I have nothing against it. I think you'll have a fairly hard time trying to find any good sources as to why it is a bad thing tbh. The only people who are against it seem to be super religious, and we all know that super religious people have a hard time debating topics with logic and reason.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

after extensive reading im gonna have to agree with you diddlz, I really cant find any good logical reasons.
    Most of it was religious reasons.... however not every one is religious so you cant apply that.

I switched to the death penalty...

much easier lol

Yeah I've never heard a "legitimate reason" to oppose same-sex marriage. Fair enough if you're uncomfortable with it, but simply not liking something is hardly a justification for dictating people's rights. Even the religious reasons behind opposition appear to be total bullshit.

Capital punishment is an interesting topic though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpoon View Post
    because then the gay would spread and infect everyone.
    lol always appreciate the fine brand of sarcasm displayed here

dest I like how you were "very much against it" but couldn't find legitimate reasons to back it up on paper, so instead of being a rational human being simply not allowing your own homophobia to dictate your beliefs and instead writing your paper in support of gay marriage, you just switch to something equally as "Texas" as being anti-gay marriage: the death penalty. Or at least I would expect to find that arguing on behalf of the death penalty is looked as favorably upon by your friends and peers as being anti-gay and anti-gay marriage. I would say that your topics and stances on those topics are anything but controversial in the eyes of your peers given the rampant racism and homophobia that occupies the mid-west and southern regions. (maybe not "rampant" - I just wanted to use a sweet adjective) In all honesty, I would say that arguing on behalf of gay marriage would be a better use of your educated mind and probably would impress your teacher and classmates that you can present an educated argument without allowing your fear of being butt fucked get in the way; something I'm certain a lot of guys your age are unable to do in front of their male peers in fear of being labeled weak or gay - that is until you're drunk and you're grappling each other and expressing love for your "bros" in ways even most gays would find sort of repulsive and uncivilized themselves.

Frankly I would think starting your paper off with your own self-discovery and education in the wake of being unable to substantiate your stance against gay marriage and thus leading into a renewed stance in favor of it would be a pretty impressive read for a guy of your age and ilk (in that you like being patted on the butt in football and now change oil at a 'lube' station) and even more importantly for you, would take up quite a bit of the required essay length.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Texas isn't as anti-gay as you think pal. look at the stats on our gay population ffs lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_vil...ies_and_states

we do love us some death penalty though. FUCK YEAH, KILL EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT EM OUT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    lol always appreciate the fine brand of sarcasm displayed here

dest I like how you were "very much against it" but couldn't find legitimate reasons to back it up on paper, so instead of being a rational human being simply not allowing your own homophobia to dictate your beliefs and instead writing your paper in support of gay marriage, you just switch to something equally as "Texas" as being anti-gay marriage: the death penalty. Or at least I would expect to find that arguing on behalf of the death penalty is looked as favorably upon by your friends and peers as being anti-gay and anti-gay marriage. I would say that your topics and stances on those topics are anything but controversial in the eyes of your peers given the rampant racism and homophobia that occupies the mid-west and southern regions. (maybe not "rampant" - I just wanted to use a sweet adjective) In all honesty, I would say that arguing on behalf of gay marriage would be a better use of your educated mind and probably would impress your teacher and classmates that you can present an educated argument without allowing your fear of being butt fucked get in the way; something I'm certain a lot of guys your age are unable to do in front of their male peers in fear of being labeled weak or gay - that is until you're drunk and you're grappling each other and expressing love for your "bros" in ways even most gays would find sort of repulsive and uncivilized themselves.

Frankly I would think starting your paper off with your own self-discovery and education in the wake of being unable to substantiate your stance against gay marriage and thus leading into a renewed stance in favor of it would be a pretty impressive read for a guy of your age and ilk (in that you like being patted on the butt in football and now change oil at a 'lube' station) and even more importantly for you, would take up quite a bit of the required essay length.
    As much as I appreciate your concern pal, this presentation was now over, Although im not really for Gay marriage, I dont much care for it, the reason I picked the topic originally was because this was the first time I had a teacher that allowed such topics to be discussed (when had to take a speech class, such topics were forbidden because some people get butt hurt too easily) so anyway, I wanted to do the whole gay marriage thing, but as I said I really couldn't stand on the opposing end of it. I only picked opposing specifically for this presentation. Otherwise I wouldn't really give a damn!

Im not too fond of em, but I cant stand the really really flaming faggots, some of em can be cool, and you wouldnt know they were gay till they told you.
    Theres a service writer where i work whos gay, and you can tell he is.... however orientation aside, hes someone good to work with (insert general gay joke here)