Originally Posted by Joel Huenink
I don't think we're fuct, I think that cheaters will be wiped out with Gore SE. I mean, it's going to take some time and persistence to come up with solutions, but eventually it will happen. Gore SE already has most known cheats fixed, plus you have to consider the cheaters are all people who have perfected their craft over years of boredom on a game that had no support.

So when Gore SE is public there will be 1000's of new players every month, maybe a million for all we know if it matches goretest's success... I'd say all those new people will make cheaters less then a fraction of a percent then, rather than whatever it supposedly is now.

I mentioned charging for forum access at one point and it went over about like a turd in the punch bowl.

Ok, I don't know how many of you here played GT1 and II, but I did and there may have been a shitload of downloads but there where NEVER 1000's of players playing online, the only servers that had alot of players where the DC servers and DM was the big game at the time.

There are shitloads of great free games out, and maybe lots of people download them but I don't know how many actually play on a regular basis, some may only play once or MAYBE twice a month if that, most people that download a free game play it once and delete it cus they get pawned.

The numbers of players just never hold up, some games have a regular following such as F.E.A.R Combat,Urban Terror, Enemy Territory etc..

My point is that these are all games that started out as successful established games, I don't see Gore coming anywhere close to this level of players and lets face it, how many players are really playing these games still on a regular basis? 20,000 maybe?

I saw this posted on the AVault forums.

Re: Gore Special Edition reaches Beta!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1p3r View Post
Didn't this get terrible reviews?
Yeah. It's one of the forum's running gags