Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TV?

So i ended up getting a http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1038277

I was really excited at first until i read "PLASMA" written on the manual. No where on the box it shows Plasma at all, as most of you know i recently got a PS3 And i will be gaming. Burn in is a big issue if you are gaming considering Hud's stay in one place. Wal-mart has a 90 day return policy and i was wondering if such a issue is good enough to return for a 40 inch LCD samsung?

Opinions, advice? Ect?
    This part confused me:

Delivers 1024 x 768 resolution for high picture quality at 720p
    I'm pretty sure 720p is 1280x720.

So I'm confused when it says it delivers good 720p quality when the width is missing 256 pixels.

yeah that confused me too.
    Return it and get the 1080p 50 inch Samsung DLP. Its about $1200 depending on where you shop, probably about $300 more than you spent on your other one but its worth it for sure. This is a TV you can keep for 20 years and not worry about anything going wrong with it.

I'm sorry I didn't read this thread a few weeks ago. I could have saved you the trouble.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Thats a very nice tv indeed, i'm not sure thats my tv lead, i know its 42" samsung 410 series, but theres like tons of model numbers, so i basically chose one thats in the same series.

I read this thread and i kind of feel better about just keeping it?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=38870

Apparently theres a couple of company workers say that burn in's happen to lcd's and plasmas, and they both have pro's and cons. I'll just deal with it and apparently they say plasmas have a better picture quality once you get past 40"

More thoughts?
    You wont get burn in on a DLP, you wont get the screen door effect on a DLP, you will get a brighter and sharper image, but at the same time get deeper blacks on a DLP, you will get a television that will last four times as long with a DLP, you will get a larger and better quality television for your money with DLP.

The one and only issue anyone has with DLP televisions is the rainbow effect, but with the new 6 color processor that doesn't happen anymore. One thing you will notice in LCD televisions is that the color will degrade over time, mainly your blues. And as far as gaming on a plasma, they are the most susceptible to burn-in. The reason you dont want to play games on them for extended periods is the fact that your hud and other static images will burn-in. It's really not a huge deal though, burn-in is not permanent and will go away after a few days, but it is kind of a pain in the ass.

In all honesty though, having worked with consumer electronics and television for three years, and owning a DLP (basement), Plasma(living room), and LCD (bedroom) television, I must say DLP is the better choice. Not by a long shot or anything, you'll definately be happy with any you choose.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows